Applying to SCNM
SCNM spends time carefully evaluating each application to select a cohort in which students can each be successful in the program and contribute to the learning experience. Candidates are considered holistically with consideration given to factors beyond scores, GPAs, and other numerical performance indicators. Those factors may include, but are not limited to: extracurricular activities, unique work or service experience, demonstrated compassion or leadership potential, a history of overcoming hardship or disadvantage, maturity, exceptional talents or skills, trends or improvement in academic performance, success in a challenging undergraduate environment, and graduate school performance.
Applications are evaluated on a rolling admissions basis, ensuring that each candidate receives a prompt response to their application. Once all documents are received, the application is considered, and a decision is made.
All applicants must submit the following:
- A completed online application and application fee payment.
- A current resume.
- A personal statement.
- Official transcript from the institution that conferred the student's highest awarded degree. Transcripts should be sent electronically from the institution/college directly to SCNM at email@example.com
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale is preferred. However, SCNM uses a holistic admissions process for the MSCN and MSNBL programs, and all applicants with a GPA below a 2.75 are encouraged to apply to be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Optional letters of recommendation may be submitted to strengthen an application
- International Applicants must submit foreign transcripts from the institution that conferred the student’s highest degree earned. This transcript must be evaluated (course by course evaluation) by a member organization of either the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Education Credentials (NACES)or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Fees for this service are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Military transcript for former members of the armed services.