Dr. Gena Kadar brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to her courses. She is the author of A Manner of Living: An Evidence-Based Realistic and Sustainable Approach to Eating Well, Living Well and Being Well for Life and also runs the wellness blog A Manner of Living.
Licensing and Credentials
Certified Nutrition Specialist, Certification Board for Nutrition Specialists
2007-current CNS # 13019, granted on 04/30/2007
Licensed Doctor of Chiropractic, California Board of Chiropractic Examiners
2002-current License # DC-28102, granted on 03/08/2002
Master of Science in Medical Education Leadership
2016 University of New England, Portland, ME
Doctor of Chiropractic
2001 Southern California University of Health Sciences, Whittier, CA
Bachelor of Arts majoring in Anatomy and Humanistic Studies
1998 McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Diploma: Spanish language and humanities courses
1997 University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Diploma: French language and humanities courses
1994 Sorbonne; University of Paris, Paris, France
Publications: Books and Book Chapters
- Thompson HGR & Kadar GE. (2017) Metabolic and Endocrine Dysfunction. In: Integrative Family Medicine. El'Hashemy S. (Ed). CCNM Press. (Publication pending)
- Kadar, GE. (2014). A Manner of Living: An Evidence Based, Realistic and Sustainable Approach to the Art of Eating Well, Living Well and Being Well for Life, GVPL Publications. 1 ed. ISBN-10: 0692264264
Publications: Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Kadar GE, Thompson HG (2017) Assumed or Assessed? The Affective Domain in Health Care Education. J Nutr Health Food Eng 6(4): 00207.
- Kizhakkeveettil A, Rose K, Kadar GE, Hurwitz E. (2017) The effect of an integrative approach of chiropractic and traditional Chinese medicine care on low back pain: a randomized controlled trial. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. Mar 1. pii: S0161-4754 (16)30077-X.
- Rose, K, Kizhakkeveettil, A, Kadar, GE. (2017) The effect of chiropractic treatment for smoking cessation: a randomized clinical trial” J Chiropr Med. Mar;16(1):41-48. Gena E. Kadar, DC, MS.MEdL, CNS
- Kadar, GE, Thompson, HG. (2017) Obesity bias among pre-clinical and clinical chiropractic students and faculty at an integrative health care institution: a cross-sectional study (Publication pending)
- Kadar, GE, Thompson, HG, O’Toole, E, Kilgore, D. (2017) Advancing nutrition education through a single interprofessional education intervention. (Publication pending)
- Kadar GE, Vosko A, Sackett M, Thompson HG. (2014) Perceptions of interprofessional education and practice within a complementary and alternative medicine institution. J Interprof Care. Oct 7:1-3.
- Kizhakkeveettil, A, Rose, K, Kadar, GE. (2014) Integrative complementary and alternative medical care for low back pain: a systematic review, Global Adv Health Med. 3(5):49-64.
Publications: Clinical Nutrition Guidelines
- Kadar GE. (2016) Clinical Nutrition Management of Cardiovascular Disease. Certification Board for Nutrition Specialists. (Available at www.cbns.org)
- Kadar GE, Thompson HGR. (2015) Clinical Nutrition Management of Obesity. Certification Board for Nutrition Specialists. (Available at www.cbns.org)