Your success is our leadership's top priority
The leadership of any organization is an essential part of the success matrix. SCNM's leadership exhibits both strong character as well as ability to direct efforts for the benefit of our medical students. Ensuring that SCNM’s mission and core values are woven throughout the campus experience, our leaders work tirelessly for our students’ success.
I’m Paul Mittman, President/CEO of Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine & Health Sciences
I am SCNM.
I have been a naturopathic physician for the past 33 years. I practiced for 25 of those, conducted and published research, taught medical students and promoted the benefits of naturopathic medicine to the public. Working with dedicated and bright faculty and staff, we establish partnerships with healthcare systems, clinics and practitioners to provide SCNM students outstanding learning experiences and career opportunities. We establish philanthropic relationships with individuals and corporations to create the best campus resources for the benefit of SCNM students and patients - state of the art classrooms, study and library spaces, the integrative Neil Riordan Center for Regenerative Medicine, laboratories and wellness facilities. We partner with foundations for SCNM physicians and students to provide quality healthcare to underserved communities at nine sites in the Phoenix metropolitan area.
I am SCNM. So is each student who starts her or his career in naturopathic medicine. So is every faculty member who imparts the knowledge, research and wisdom to a new generation of physicians. So is every member of the staff whose work creates a safe, creative and innovative environment for learning and healing. So are our 1300 alumni, who improve, and in some cases save, the lives of tens of thousands of patients.
We are SCNM. How about you?
Chairman of the Board
Debi Smolinski, ND, Naturopathic Specialists LLC
Nick Reed, Vice President, BS, Wells Fargo Bank-Professional Banking
- Jon Benninger, BS, Vice President, Informa Exhibitions
- Craig Connors, BS, A Rainmaker Venture
- Rufus Glasper, PhD, President and CEO, League for Innovation in the Community College
- Kevin Guinan, BA, Financial Adviser, JP Morgan Chase Co.
- Jefferey Langland, PhD, Faculty Trustee
- Patti T Milligan, MS, RD, CNS, Founder, Be Memorable Foundation
- Paul Mittman, ND, EdD, President/CEO, SCNM
- Nick Reed, Vice President, BS, Wells Fargo Bank-Professional Banking
- Duane Roen, PhD, Vice Provost, Arizona State University Polytechnic Campus
- Lou Silverman, JD, Owner, Silverman Law Offices
- Dr. Ruth Tan Lim, MD, MD(H), FAAP, Clinic Director of Pediatrics, Dobson Integrative Medical Center
- Alexxa Wirth, BS, Student Trustee